Monday, February 3, 2014

Our bedroom moved to living room

Monday it was back out in the arctic cold to go back to work. It was so hard to believe that it was so cold here in Alabama. We looked like were Eskimos getting ready to go ice fishing, just bundling up to go to work. The cold was just bitter and harsh, but we braved it and headed out to put in our hours at work.

After work, I treated myself to a little pampering and went to have my hair done. My oldest daughter, Laura is a beautician. She gave me a cut and style and then we went out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant (my treat of course since she did my hair that was only fair). Time with family is always important. We get it any way we can, wherever we can.

When Robby & I got home that evening we started trying to move the living room furniture out to make room for the bed in there. The weather man on TV was telling us that the cold was only going to get worse as the week went on. I was so tired of freezing every night and running electric heaters wide open just to try to stay warm. I was also so scared that if we lost power we would really freeze in the bedroom with just an electric heater.

After about an hour of struggling with the sofa and loveseat, we called in reinforcements. I made a phone call to my nephew Cameron. He is 21 years old and has more muscle than me. Bless his heart, he came right over and not only helped to move out the love seat and sofa, he also helped Robby move the bed into the living room.

I was so grateful. I was exhausted after a very busy weekend. I just couldn't muster up enough strength. We gave him a few dollars for braving the cold to come to our aid. He was was proud to have a little extra spending money. It was well worth it to have him do some of the heavy lifting.

After he left, I made up the bed and crashed almost immediately. I was past the exhaustion point. Rest was the highest priority for me at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment