Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Coupon Abbreviations

Are you all geared up and ready to start your New Year off right with couponing? I am ready, willing and able.

As I was looking through some of the coupon sites earlier, I started to remember when I first started down this road. I found a few coupon sites that had deals posted. I was lost. It looked like a foreign language to me. I had to learn the abbreviations for coupons  the hard way. I did not have any one to teach me.

The couponing abbreviations that are used are almost the same on every site and used by couponers every where. I wanted to help those of you who are newbies and maybe a few veterans out there who are still not sure what those pesky letters mean.

I have made a list here for you of some of the most widely used abbreviations. I hope this helps to understand couponing a little bit better.

These are in no particular order.

ALA - as low as - this means the price can be as low as
B1G1 or BOGO - most of us who shop any where know that this on means when you Buy One you Get One free!
B2G1 - Buy 2 Get 1Free - Buy 2 Get 1 Free
OOP- Out Of Pocket - this one is widely used. This is the final price after coupons.
SS- Smart Source - this is an insert in the Sunday paper an also a website to find printable coupons -www.smartsource.com
RP - Red Plum - this is an insert found in the Sunday paper and also a website to find printable coupons -www.redplum.com
PG or P&G - Proctor and Gamble -this is a coupon insert found in the Sunday paper and also a website to score free sample and coupons -www.pg.com
GM - General Mills - a maker of breakfast cereals and also a rare coupon insert found in the Sunday paper
Wags - Walgreens
RR- Register Rewards - these are rewards found with certain products that will give you a coupon (electronic or paper) worth a specified amount of money to be used on your next visit to that store. Be careful with these and watch your expiration dates.
Q- coupon
MQ -manufacturer coupon
SQ - store coupon
MM - money maker
ECB - Extra Care Bucks -- a register rewards system found at CVS
Plus UPS or +UP - a register reward system at Rite Aid
SCR - Single Check Rebate - a rebate system at Rite Aid
MIR - mail in rebate
FAR - Free after rebate
IVC - Instant Value Coupons - a coupon for Walgreens
WYB - When You Buy - this one is used a lot.
BTFE - Box Tops for Education
YMMV - Your Manager May Vary
YSMV - Your Store May Vary
NED - No Expiration Date
WSL - While Supplies Last
CRT - Cash Register Tape
NLA  - No Longer Available

I am still learning. Every once in a while a new abbreviation will throw me for a loop and I have to track down on the website what it means. I hope this helps you on your quest to save money by learning these few abbreviations.

No comments:

Post a Comment