Monday, December 30, 2013

Creative & Cheap Storage Solution

One of my big goals for the coming year is to get my house as organized as humanly possible. Every room needs work in this department. The worst room is definitely my workroom/craftroom/granddaughter's bedroom. It is pure chaos, not the organized, creative kind either.

It is going to take a lot of time, energy and effort to get it back to where I can actually produce something in it. Not to mention, it now also has to be toddler proof.

How in the world will I do this? Well, one idea I have come up with is going vertical. I am going to be hanging items on the wall (and from the ceiling) instead of having them on the worktable.

Maybe if my baby Zoey can't reach them for now, it will give me time to train her not to put beads, needles, crayons and other craft supplies in her mouth.

Remember I am super frugal. There is just not a lot of money for me to go buy fancy storage bins and beautiful shelving. Since I cannot use my creative side to make things in the room (for now). I will need to use it to come up with alternative storage.
 
 
 One idea I had was to use these sink caddies I found in the Dollar Spot at Target. They were in with the seasonal items marked 70% off (no idea why they were considered seasonal -but I was not about to argue). I was able to get each package for $0.30. That is only $0.15 per bin. I am going to paint them a coordinating color to match the room. Then, mount them in a row and put my colored pencils, markers, crochet needles, etc in them. I believe they will look good and serve their purpose. Not a bad investment. Three packages (total of 6 bins) for less than a dollar with tax!

No comments:

Post a Comment